DIY Natural Skin Brightening Clay Mask with Essential Oils
I like to keep my skin care simple. And as natural as I can. And cheap. I’m also very cheap.
Rising at 3 and 4 am to see the Mister off each morning on the boat is catching up with me. And my skin.
Moving my evening routine around and making space for a late afternoon deep rest with Yoga Nidra and more. Last night I whipped up a simple mask and this morning my skin is so happy!
- French green clay gently tighten spores, promotes cellular turnover, high in nourishing minerals, helps draw out impurities.
- Jojoba oil is an emollient, closer to our skins waxy sebum than actual oil. It both moisturizes and helps to UNclog pores.
- Frankincense, just in part, helps protect cells, lessen wrinkles and acne blemishes, slows signs of aging.
- Melaleuca oil on the face and skin helps fight acne, calming current breakouts and helping prevent new blemishes forming.
- Lemon oil is deeply nourishing and brightening to the skin itself while helping move lymphatic fluid. Keep in mind, lemon oil is photosensitive. More on that here.
- Geranium oil reduces inflammation and helps support circulation, promoting more radiant skin.
The quality of the oils you choose makes all the difference. You can see more about my essential oil choices through out my site by going to the Essential Oils section of my blog and here to find out more about working me and essential oils.
Skin Brightening Mask
Combine into liquidy paste. Leave on 10-15 minutes. May feel tingly, wash it off if it gets uncomfortable. Being used to using these oils and they way my own skin interacts, I have worn this mask overnight and love the clearer, brighter skin it gives me. Use once a week for clearer, brighter skin. Questions on using and sourcing quality oils? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to help!